Friday, May 05, 2006

Where is everyone?

It's great to get to know new people through their blogs, but it also sad when people either run out of time or lose interest so they stop writing their blogs. Lately it seems like a lot of people whose blogs I read have stopped posting or have pressing problems that have caused them to take a break. I hope everything works out for for everyone. I plan on trying to keep my blog around at least until the end of the year and after that I will see. Maybe I will keep it or going or perhaps I will move on to something else. In the meantime I will be trying to occasionally write more stories about things that happened in my life concerning metal. It was very much a part of me while I was a teen and growing up.

6 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

I have seen the same thing, with some blogs I have enjoyed reading shutting down or taking a break. Oh well, everyone has a life, and blogging usually isn't primary employment ...

I'm glad you're keeping at it though. These once-a-day posts muct be quite a burden, though, please don't burn out.

-- david

5:46 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

That is just the nature of the beast it seems. I have heard the term 'blogpolar' to describe the phenomona. One day I may burn out myself but like you for now I will keep on. One day One post at a time.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

That's why it's amazing to come across any blog whose archives go back to 2004 or earlier. Check out your blogroll and see who's been blogging before 2005. It's interesting.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Guy Hutchinson said...

Yes, it has been sad to see some great daily reads disapear completely. Blooger is just another site on the www, and sometimes you visit a site daily for a year and then never go back. I guess that is what happens.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

It's fun and I think it helps me to write better (a little at least) and to spend more time reasoning about my opinions on music. I got into blogging after being urged by three people I know who had blogs. Since then two of three only write maybe once a month now.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Hey Mark,
I've been writing like crazy on my personal blog (changed the name to Barbara's Journey) therefore have had very little time for Layla's Classic Rock Faves. I drop in and read yours every time you update, although I don't always have a comment to add. I hope you keep writing!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home