Friday, June 23, 2006

Movies

Yesterday my wife took Metalgirl to see Cars. Metalgirl is two and this was her first trip to the movies and she sat through it and liked it. I was proud of her although this makes it feel like she is growing up fast. I had leave to use so I took off from work and stayed home with Metalboy while they went to the movies. I rented School of Rock with Jack Black and watched that for the first time while I played with Metalboy. I won't go into details at this time, but I'll just say I liked the movie. I did a movies week here a few months ago where I reviewed five movies in one week and I think that I may tackle a second movies week here soon. There will be some rock movies as well as metal movies this time around. I think the line-up for the second movies week will be reviews of:
Almost Famous
Empire Records
High Fidelity
School of rock
Wayne's World 2
Then I will have to tack on one or two other movie related topics to round out the week. I might do that in about two weeks.
What is your all time favorite music related movie? Doesn't have to be metal or even rock, but just music related. I would have to go with This is Spinal Tap.

13 Comments:

Blogger Strutter71 said...

I'd have to echo your choice of Spinal Tap, although School Of Rock and High Fidelity are both excellent. And of course, there's always KISS Meets The Phantom of the Park! :)
And later this year, I'm expecting big things from Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a hard time deciding between This is Spinal Tap, Empire Records, and High Fidelity. They all have their strong points. The Blues Brothers also ranks up there for me.

More recent one I liked: Walk the Line.

Hated: Ray (the downward spiral was just too much for me) and Moulin Rouge.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe I forgot about Pink Floyd's The Wall. That rocked.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'd have to say This is Spinal Tap tops the list for me. High Fidelity was good too. Did you ever see Saving Silverman or Airheads? I like those also.

5:35 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I'm with most of the ones mentioned already - but I'd have to add American Hot Wax... and just for kicks Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll High School.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am glad that MetalGirl was able to sit through Cars. Sophia did not sit still, but still loved it. She likes to get on the movie website with her Daddy and look at the movie characters.

My favorite music movie is definitely The Wall, but I also like Tommy, Almost Famous, and the Song Remains the Same.

7:13 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

My favorite music-related movie is an animated film called "American Pop". It chronicles the lives of a family of Russian immigrants from the Bolshevik Revolution up through the '80's. With every generation, the love of music is passed from father to son. It has some great music and is well worth your time, believe me.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

School of Rock was pretty funny. I was actually impressed with that flick.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

It's me again. I have another movie I would like to add, Live at Pompeii. This is probably even better than The Wall. Bob also said that he likes The Decline of Western Civilization.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED School of Rock!!! It just cracked me up and it was so fun to hear all the references to all those bands that I know and love. Great story. Gotta love Jack B.

Hey - Speaking of "Almost Famous" I saw Heart last night, did you know Cameron Crowe is married to Nancy Wilson? Great show. Loved it.

7:40 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I think the best concert movie I've ever seen is Pink Floyd - Live at Pompei. I like a lot of rock-oriented movies too, like Almost Famous, Rock n Roll High School, Repo Man, Straight to Hell and High Fidelity.

7:48 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I agree on Tap. I also loved The Decline of Western Civilization, Part II: The Metal Years, which I am still anticipating will be released on DVD. The scene with Chris Holmes in the pool chugging vodka is both one of the most funny and one of the most disturbing images of metal's "glory days."

-- david

11:38 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

My favorite guilty pleasure movie is Airheads and my favorite Concert video is 'Disturbed: M.O.I.'

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home