Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Memories

At some point I hope to write something like a monthly heavy metal memories thing here at my blog. You might think most of what I write is like that, but I hope to focus on events that happened to me. Not that I lead an exciting life because I certainly didn't. The reason is more that I want try to relate what it was like growing up as a metal fan and also to record my memories and try to think more about how they shaped me as a music fan and maybe even as a person. I want to do one each month and maybe I will start doing it during the last week of the month.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Great Mark, I like to read memories.
I do read your posts I just don't often comment because I am not really into most of the same stuff as you ;)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Pixie-That's fine. I read all of the blogs I have links to, but don't always post.

Webpirate-I understand. There is a guy I have been friends with for about 20 years and we argue about music all the time. We have had some arguments on this blog and on his blog as well. Yet we are still friends because it's ultimately just a discussion.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

When I read your posts about the 80's music and the concerts, it reminds me of all the ones I went to and how I used to just drive around aimlessly listening to Skid Row and Ozzy.

5:32 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

That could be fun--to see your reflections back on the memories you have. I look forward to it.

-- david

5:55 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I look forward to it too. I personally have major moments connected to certain songs as if they were my own personal photo album.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Mike-I still drive around aimlessly listening to metal. At 5:01 I am starting my car, heading home and cranking it up.

David-It may seem fun to me, I just hope that it's not too dull.


Onmywatch-I have those connections as well and may write about some of those.

11:39 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

that would be great!! :) I always wondered if I was the only one.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home