Saturday, November 04, 2006

Canada Rocks week

That's right, this month's theme week is Canada Rocks. The idea first hit me when I realized that I have only reviewed two albums by Canadian artists. One was Sheavy's Republic and that may have been late last year. The other review was Exit stage left by Rush which I did for Live album week. For this week I have planned reviews of the following:

Rush-2112
Triumph-Thunder Seven
Exciter-Long live the loud
Annihilator-Never, neverland

Plus I thought about what is the difference between the hard rock/ metal scenes in the U.S. and Canada? Well, I have never been to Canada so I have no clue. However I do read a few blogs by some metal fans who live in Canada so I e-mailed them and two of them actually responded. So I will a post about the differences between the metal scenes in the two countries and it will include parts of the responses I got from two great Canadian music bloggers. Hope you enjoy the week and it will kick off tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mule said...

Awesome. I can't wait, eh?

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet - interested to see what the Canuks have to say. I LOVE CANADA, Canadians and the music it's produced.
Rush is one of my favorite bands and I also love Triumph.

Some great non-metal bands too, BTO, The Guess Who, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson...etc.

(I'm proud to say that my father was from Canada)

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EL TEL said British heavy Metal at the moment is white hot

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home