Saturday, May 12, 2007

What's coming up?

It's been an alright week. The weather has been great and things are overall fine. I listened to a lot of things this past week partly in preparation for my theme week this month which will start on the 20th. I will keep the theme a secret until then. Coming up I hope to have out these:

-Mercyful Fate-Don't break the oath review
-Who were they? Cardinal Sin
-Lesser of two evils: Keel vs. Stryper
-Some variation on the albums for a deserted island question
-Maybe one other short topic

Sometimes I find myself hard pressed to think up topics, but normally I am able to come up with something or other. I continue to find it hard to believe that these albums I listened to in high school are now almost or are over twenty years old. I really wasn't listening to much new music between say 1995 and 2000. I was still listening to same old stuff during that period and largely I still am. I don't consider myself close-minded though, I just feel like I know what I like to listen to and that's what I aim for. I'll step down off the soapbox for now.

**I won't be posting on Sunday because of the holiday. So I want to wish a Happy Mother's day to my mom, to my wife who is the mother of my kids and to all mothers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Yeah, I constantly pick up discs and remember when I had them on vinyl or cassette and wonder where the time went. Wasn't that long when you and I were teenagers living this stuff the first time. Weird.

4:42 AM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

Don't Break the Oath is a really good album, what did you think of the MF reunion albums?

10:46 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

I just picked up the new Porcupine Tree disc. Heard it yet??

4:24 PM  
Blogger captain corky said...

Have a good weekend Mark. Spoil your wife today.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ray-At least we can buy a lot of this stuff on cd now.

t-bone-Welcome back. I like the ones I have heard, but not nearly as much as Melissa and Don't break the oath.

the lone beader-I have never heard them. What are they like?

Captain Corky-Thanks. I am trying to, but right now I am the only one in the house who isn't sick.

9:13 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

You have never heard Porcupine Tree?? They're my favourite band. I think I have 13 of their albums. Anyways, they are categorized as Prog rock, although they kinda stretch the boundaries a bit. I saw them play at a sold out show in London a couple of weeks ago, and it was AMAZING. And, I'm gonna see them play here in Boston this month. Can't wait.

Here are some links for you:
Porcupine Tree website, Fear of a Blank Planet video, and my fav. song off of the new disc -Anesthetize.

Enjoy=:)

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home