Friday, August 17, 2007

Beatallica-Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oglio
2007

What do you get when you combine Metallica and the Beatles? Well, you might get a band called Beatallica. The band members here are Jaymz Lennfield, Greg Hammettson, Kliff McBurtney and Ringo Larz. These guys use mainly the melodies and lyrics of Beatles songs, but they apply Metallica's vocals and guitar tone. This certainly is a blending of the two as opposed to just being heavy versions of Beatles songs. Ultimately it's a joke album and some of the tracks are funny and some just seem very awkward. Now when they are funny it's because it's just so odd to hear a version like this rather than them making fun of the original artists. So that's a plus when it works. I don't think this is an easy project to pull off and really I think they pull it off to some extent. To me this is an album that might be enjoyed by fans of the two artists, but how many times would you want to hear something like this? For myself, the parts I like just make me want to pull out a Metallica CD rather than listen to this CD again. Apparently the band does have a following though and have even played a few big festivals.
Here are the song tracks to give you a better idea of what they are doing.

1. Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
2. Revol-Ooh-Tion
3. Blackened the U.S.S.R.
4. Sandman
5. Helvester Of Skelter
6. A Garage Dayz Nite
7. Anestesia (I'm Only Sleeping)
8. Leper Madonna
9. Ktulu (He's So Heavy)
10. For Horsemen
11. Hey Dude
12. Sgt. Hetfield's (reprise)
13. ...And Justice For All My Loving

**Here is the band's site http://www.beatallica.org/

7 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

This sounds hilarious! I want to check iTunes to see if I can sample some of these ...

-- david

7:54 AM  
Blogger Hard Rock Hideout said...

This one has been on my must review list for a while, but I still haven't got the chance to pick this up yet.

9:34 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

I'll definitely have to sample this.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I heard a few songs from these guys awhile back. I was actually contemplating seeing them at a place nearby but never did. They sound pretty good, but probably nothing I would sit and listen to more than once.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

OMG!! Friggin hilarious... I wouldn't have thought to do it... Who knows. Very interesting!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Pretty much my favorite Metallica album.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David-Some of them are very funny.

HRH-It may be a good one to try and sample before buying if possible.

dpth-Hope you enjoy it.

jeff-I could see as being that way.

aunt jackie-The titles are funnier than some of the songs themselves.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home