Monday, October 29, 2007

Top ten metal songs for Halloween

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here are my top ten metal songs to listen to for Halloween in no real order.

1-Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath

2-Halloween-Trick or treat

3-Alice Cooper-The ballad of Dwight Frye

4-Venom-Countess Bathory

5-Helloween-Halloween

6-Iron Maiden-Still Life

7-Ozzy-Diary of a madman

8-Cirith Ungol-Toccata in Dm

9-King Diamond-Family Ghost

10-Lizzy Borden-Rod of iron

Some other blogs are doing this topic today as well so check them out.

Bring Back Glam
http://www.bringbackglam.com/

Hard Rock Hideout
http://hardrockhideout.wordpress.com/

Heavy Metal Addiction
http://hardrockheavymetal.wordpress.com/

Metal Minute
http://rayvanhornjr.blogspot.com/

Rock of ages
http://rockofages.wordpress.com/

7 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Great listing of tracks for Halloween! Would be a great playlist... very cool!

I'll check out the others' blogs and see what they have.

10:59 AM  
Blogger CRAIG said...

Back in college one Halloween I attempted to listen to Black Sabbath in total darkness. I barely made it halfway.

1:14 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

How can it possibly be Halloween with out the Misfits? It's a fine list, but nothing on it says Halloween like the Misfits.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

aunt jackie-Yes, check them out. Some of us picked some of the same songs or at least the same artists.

Craig-I have never attempted that.

Bob-vinyl-My love for the Misfits is often in a constant struggle with my hatred for Glenn Danzig.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list Mark, some really great deep tracks there.

When you invited me in on the list posts, I had at least two dozen songs right off the top of my head but my problem was I thought they were all too obvious (Number Of The Beast, A Touch Of Evil, etc.) so I decided to really listen to different tracks.

I could have done a list just with Alice Cooper or Black Sabbath, even King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. Nice to see Cirith Ungol make your list, I still listen to FROST & FIRE (1981) a few times a year but I don't have KING OF THE DEAD anymore, I'll have to grab it.

Steve
Heavy Metal Addiction

10:13 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Steve-I lucked out and recently got a copy of the 2 on 1 disc with Frost & Fire and Kind of the dead for $6.99 used.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

AWESOME track list, Mark! Very diverse.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home