Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bone Shaker-Bang,...you're dead

Photobucket
Turkey Vulture
2007

I am not sure exactly what I was expecting from this based on the cover, but solid, gritty mid-1980’s style metal wouldn’t have been my first guess. However, that’s exactly what this late 2007 release is and it’s pretty much right up my alley. The music reminds me of Accept, Judas Priest, Grim Reaper and maybe even a dash of early WASP thrown in for good measure. The vocals are raw and work wonders as this trio absolutely plow their way through ten tracks that will make you think that it is 1985 again. They obviously strap on the studded bracelets and just go at it. Okay, they are not exactly busting down the doors of originality yet they are tearing up some killer metal with a lot of steam and fire. I love the energy they bring and they do a nice job of mixing up the pace as well. The production is in your face and they waste no time ripping into every single song. The lyrics are a bit on the cheesy side with dribble about rockin’ and three songs have “hell” in the title. Yet it is unquestionably one of the better old style metal albums I have heard in a long time. They have a lot of control and confidence and those two things coupled with their talent are what makes them better than a number of other bands I have heard recently who are trying to sound like old style metal.


http://www.myspace.com/boneshakerinfo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home