Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Slave Traitor-Man Infest Destiny

Photobucket

Self-produced

2009

I love it when I know what I think of an album the moment it hits my ears. Makes my job a lot easier that way. Seattle's Slave Traitor know exactly what they are doing and they immediately establish themselves. My initial thought was that they sound a lot like High on fire. The vocals are similar to Matt Pike's and the music and thick and heavy roll to it. They are more subtle at times as they possess a knack for grabbing the pace in a steel grip as they slowly squeeze notes out getting as much out of each and every sound. This six song EP is strongly crafted with each song sounding as if it was carefully mapped out and executed. Once I got a few tracks into the disc I began see where they differed from High on fire to some extent. Even though they have traits of stoner rock just due to the pace they still have some definite thrash undertones in places. I think that influence provides a spark that sets this band apart. There is a definite Slayer sound here and there along the lines of the Reign in blood and South of heaven only slightly slower of course. They just easily manage to create and maintain a definite intensity. My only complaint was that they have now done two EPs I would love to see what they can on a full length release.


www.myspace.com/slavetraitor

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Martell said...

Nice recommendation, never really checked out their stuff, but sounds good to me.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home