Monday, January 24, 2011

Ektomorf-Redemption


AFM Records 2011

Redemption is the latest release from Hungary band Ektomorf. Having been in existence since 1993 ( and having released I believe 9 full length albums)one would reasonably assume that they have some sort of following. While listening to Redemption (which to be fair I sat through several times) I have to honestly wonder how and why. I'm not sure if Ektomorf want to worship at the alter of later day Pantera (pretty much the first couple of tracks) or Soulfly (about the other half). Sure there are moments like on "Sea Of My Misery" where they sound more like modern rock (Staind?). And yes "The One" reminded me of some sort of Limp Bizkit mall metal but otherwise it was been there/ heard that. "Stigmatised" could have been written by any modern metal band. Its just not that exciting. Yes they have a song called "Anger" (in which shouting anger over and over again is supposed to be angry I guess) but swearing a lot doesn't make you a brutal or heavy band. If anything it makes me roll my eyes. Like I said I gave this several listens in hopes that something would just jump out at me but it's just not that exciting. Again, yelling one word over and over again ("Redemption") is not groundbreaking. It's 2011 and Pantera really bored me the first time around to be honest. So to have a band all these years later that sound like a retread of Pantera?Sorry not cutting it with me.Nothing to see here folks so move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home