Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brainstorm-On the spur of the moment

Photobucket
AFM
2011

When October rolls around I normally begin working on my top 25 albums of the year list. I know there are still a few months left to the year, but I like to listen to any possible contenders. However there are a few late in the year releases coming out that could be contenders for top album list. The new one from veteren act Brainstorm is definitely an album I was waiting for. Over the years this band has certainly delivered and they do it once again on their latest. With a combination of classic metal and power metal they know to mix it up and keep the songs going. I want to touch on just a few of my favorite tracks. "In the blink fo any eye" came on in a storm of energy and never let up. With "Temple of stone" they opt for a crunchier approach but they certainly handle that well too. "Where your actions lead you" comes flying on with a great riff. Most of the album brings the same elements that have made their previous albums so good. Although the middle of the album is a little weaker than the beginning or the end. It's a good album, but perhaps not as strong as the last few efforts. It's heavy and tight, but somehow slightly more predictable than some previous albums. However it's certainly worth a listen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home