Monday, January 30, 2012

Top ten albums of 1992

Sleep%20Holy%20Mountain
1-Sleep-Sleep's Holy Mountain
Great stoner rock, a real stripped down feel.
2-WASP-The Crimson Idol
Blackie Lawless had come a long ways as a songwriter.
3-Dream Theater-Images and words
I played this album to death back in 92-93.
4-Trouble-Manic Frustration
I actually liked these guys better in the 90's than I did in the 80's.
5-Thought Industry-Songs for insects
Insane and brilliant.

6-Obituary-The end complete
Loved it since the first time it knocked me senseless.

7-Deicide-Legion
Mean and relentless album. The lyrics are crap, but you understand them anyhow.

8-Bolt Thrower-The IVth Crusade
Pure chaotic noise from this sometimes overlooked band.

9-Helmet-Meantime
This album was simple yet it hit me hard back then.
10-Tie- Star Star-The lovedrag years and Shooting Gallery-s/t
Virtual unknowns Star Star connected on their second album.
I might be the only one that liked Andy McCoy's short lived Shooting Gallery, but what a great real glam album it was.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger non de guerre said...

Well it really wasn't Metal, or it was Industrial-Metal anyway, but my all time favorite album Psalm 69 by Ministry was released that year. I still play it all the time.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Great list Mark. I would have added Deicide as well but man they are so cheesy.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home